Using a 3D asset as a navigational menu

Hello,
I’m proposing a project and will have to refresh my Intuiface knowledge. The project calls for a 3D model, lets for example say of a dollhouse (open cutaway 3D house with several rooms) . The dollhouse would be viewable from any angle and you can zoom into each room. I feel will be easy enough, I have to download the 28 day trial to get going again. THE QUESTION is, how would I add navigation buttons in each room that would scale and stay in position in each room as you scale and zoom around the house?
I’m guessing it’s some sort of parenting the button to the 3D house but I’m not sure if that can be done.
Any help would be very appreciated!
Ken

Hi @ken_geary and welcome to the Intuiface community!

The feature you are looking for is often called “hotspots” or “point of interests” within a 3D Model. Unfortunately, we do not offer that feature yet, although it is on our roadmap.

In the meantime, the best solution would probably to not use our 3D Model asset but integrate your 3D Model through a 3rd party viewer via an HTML Frame asset or even our Web Browser Asset.
Make sure you find a 3rd party option that enables you to create these hotspots and navigation animation you are looking for.

I believe @tosolini may have some tools in mind he could recommend (maybe seekbeak, not sure they handle real 3D models?) or you can look into some development libraries like this one: https://modelviewer.dev/

2 Likes

@ken_geary I think you may find useful some of these integration experiments of Intuiface with Matterport, SketchFab and 360 spaces. As @Seb mentioned, there are no out of the box components that will provide exactly what you need, but there are some workarounds that should come pretty close.
One more option is to run Intuiface with a transparent background on top of a 3D viewer. In this case, the Intuiface UI will not change, and you can still engage with the viewer in the background.

1 Like