Load images/videos from folder into Asset Flow via Excel

Hi all,
I am attempting to load multiple assets, including photos and videos, into a collection via and excel sheet. First off, is it possible to load both images and videos dynamically into an Ordered Collection? Secondly, how should the excel be handled? I assume I need a column containing a relative path for the folder of each row? I’m just not sure how that should be written out and connected to the Ordered Collection.

TIA!
Tim

Hello @tlitostansky,

This help center article goes over how to handle an excel data feed with mixed media in a collection.

Also here is a community post that goes over a different method of doing this.

-Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I’m curious if there is a way to have a column in Excel that just has a relative file path and then to have an asset grid just populate with whatever is in there?

@tlitostansky,

Yes you can have an Excel sheet that consists of a single column that contains relative file paths. Here is a help article that goes over referencing media files in Excel.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I see you can load single assets that way. What I’m trying to achieve is to have a cell in the excel sheet that loads a whole folder of assets vs a single assets by pointing to that folder and not having to type in every asset file name. Is that possible?

Hi Tim,

We are talking about relative file paths in Excel, not folder path.
What you are trying to do is not possible with Excel or our H-CMS, as you need to have 1 entry (i.e. a row in Excel) per item you want to display in your feed.

An alternative on our current Player for Windows or legacy Player for other platforms was to use our FileService from the Intuiface Factory in a custom JavaScript Interface asset, see documentation here.
Note this is not yet supported on our newer Player for platforms other than Windows.

Gotcha. So if I want to load multiple videos into one asset flow, how would I do that? Seb, you are familiar with the XP I’m working on. I want to have the modal pop up and then have an asset flow with and image and multiple videos, in some cases. How do I enter that into the excel?

@tlitostansky,

Take a look at this Community post, it goes over how to use mixed media within the same collection from a single Excel sheet.

Let us know if you have any other questions after reviewing that post.

Thanks,
Ryan

Actually @tlitostansky, this article might be more what you are looking for: https://support.intuiface.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007181512-Associate-multiple-and-variable-number-of-photos-to-individual-items-using-Excel

In a nutshell, you need an additional sheet that contains all the videos of all products, 1 row per video. When selecting a product, you filter that list to only keep the videos corresponding to that product, and that’s the data source for your Asset Flow in the pop-up.

Let me know if that makes sense :slight_smile:

Seb

Hey guys,
How about the File Browser IA? He could make multiple folders of assets, reference the folder name of each in the excel doc, and call them up when needed.

Hi @AlexB,

The File Browser Interface Asset (see this article section) is written in JavaScript thus only available in our current Player for Windows and Legacy Player for other Platforms.
It is not yet available in our newer Player for other platforms (aka Player Next Gen) which is why we don’t recommend it anymore.

1 Like