I know this topic has come up in the past, but I’d like to bring it up again. Immersive media is becoming more popular, and I think IntuiFace has an opportunity to shine in better supporting it. Here is a list of what comes to mind when I think about immersive media:
- 360 photos (supported via web browser - most 360 hosting services are online, but when the experience has to play offline, this is a problem)
- Interactive 360 photos (again, support is only for online services. However, how cool would it be to have a 360 image asset that ingests equirectangular images, with the ability to group buttons? It should work offline too)
- Matterport (the current web browser asset doesn’t support Matterport 3D virtual tours well. You can’t navigate around using a mouse, only a keyboard)
- 360 video (you can embed 360 YouTube videos today, but no offline solution)
- Unity (this is a low priority requirement. A Unity plugin exists but it’s unsupported)
Are you using immersive media today with IntuiFace? What kind of workarounds are you adopting?
Please leave a comment if you think this is important to you.
- I don’t need such media types
- I’d like to use local/offline 360° images
- I’d like to use local/offline Interactive 360° images
- I’d like to use Matterport content within IntuiFace
- I’d like to play local/offline 360° videos