Connect to Exchange Server

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate an Intuiface XP into a Microsoft Exchange environment.
The Use-Case I am thinking about is a doorsign.
Could I create an account for my experience and have that experience show the outlook calendar of that account?

Hi @maximilian.berthold

If you set up your Outlook Calendar so it’s publicly available, you can embed it in an HTML Frame Asset or Web Browser Asset.

On a related topic, you may want to check this Community thread about Google Calendar.

Kind regards,

Alex.

Hi @maximilian.berthold,

An additional approach, depending on your exact communication needs with the Exchange environment, would be to create your own Interface Asset to use Microsoft APIs as necessary.

The idea would be to make a doorsign -> have the XP show whether or not the room is booked (i.e. if there is an appointment in the calendar)

Hi @maximilian.berthold,

As @Seb explained above, you can build your own custom Interface Asset in Javascript or .NET if you have the coding knowledge so it does all the authentication, pull the information from Exchange and expose the data in Intuiface.

Another way to go would be to use a third party service, like Kloudless to deal with the connection to Exchange and communicate with their API through Intuiface API Explorer.

Kind regards,

Alex.

1 Like