Google calendar integration

HI,

I want to create a dashboard for my company and i want to embed google calendar in it.
When i use this tutorial to create the view that i want and i embed the html in IF, It doesn’t display the informations :

If i copy/paste the code in a index.html file, it works like a charm.
Did i did something wrong ?
Is it the user agent of the IF’s webrowser ? If yes, can i change it ?

Best regards

Hello Vincent,

Even when in Intuiface, Google Authentication applies.

I’ve captured some samples below from an Intuiface Experience.

• Top Left: a Web Browser Asset with URL to my personal (private) Calendar. The result is Google asking me to log in. If Ido, my Calendar is displayed.

• Top Right: a Web Browser Asset with URL to a public Calendar, it’s shown issue (and no authentication needed).
    For your information, I’m using this URL:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=en.french%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FBrussels

• Bottom Left: an HTML Frame Asset with code to embed my personal (private) Calendar. The result is an ERR_BLOCKED because I’m not authenticated and so, don’t have access to it. If I authenticate myself on the Top Left sample and refresh this Asset, there won’t be anymore error and the embedded version is displayed.

• Bottom Right: an HTML Frame Asset with code to embed a public Calendar. It’s working.
    For your information, I’m using this Code:
    <iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=en.french%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FBrussels" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Hope it’s more clear now.
Either you will have to authenticate yourself with Google to display a private Calendar (that you’re supposed to have access to), either you have to use a Public Calendar.

Regards,

Alex.

@Alex

I thought this would be interesting to use on a personal IF project, and I made a public calendar per your suggestion (the top right example) but I came up with this:

I’m using the free version of IF at home; would this have any bearing on this?

Granted, I don’t use Google Calendar that much, but I made sure to follow their instructions to make the calendar public. :thinking:

Thanks!

Megan

Update: I went ahead and logged in on the above screen, everything is okay now? But I thought if I had made the calendar public, I wouldn’t have to sign in? Does this mean that if I were to build this for a future client that they would have to always sign in? Sorry if this is noob stuff, but… well, I’m still fairly noob. :wink:

Yes it should.

I’d say yes, at least once every time the experience starts. But I encourage you to test by yourself because it may differ with the type of Google account you have (personal, Enterprise etc) and the privacy policies that are set (for the person and the company).

it may differ with the type of Google account you have (personal, Enterprise etc) and the privacy policies that are set (for the person and the company).Blockquote

AH HA! Okay, that helps. Thank you!