In our upcoming release (any moment now!) we’ve made some serious enhancements to the webcam asset.
In particular for the following properties;
Camera: Indicates the camera that the experience will use, the dropdown menu lets you choose among the following choices:
- Default: Will use the default camera of the device.
- A list with all installed webcams, displayed with their name
- Android - Webcam User: to specify the Webcam User of an Android Tablet (Front camera)
- Android - Webcam Environment: to specify the Webcam Environment of an Android Tablet
You also have the ability to directly specify the name of a Webcam.
Mirror image - If selected, the live feed will act like a mirror reflection.
Delay - The time - in tenths of a second - between live action and when that action is displayed in the Webcam asset. Increasing the delay will improve image quality.
Video resolution: Indicates the video resolution to use. You have 3 choices:
- 320 x 240
- 640 x 480: Recommended
- Set by camera: corresponds to the maximum resolution available with the selected camera.