Videos starting with a freeze frame

Hello!

I’ve been experimenting with various video formats/data rates, but it seems impossible to get rid of the issue of what looks like a frozen frame from any video I use (usually the first frame) and later on the video fades in and start playing. The presentation i am working on heavily relies on videos (a single video per scene), but this keeps happening on every scene before the start of the video, which makes the whole presentation look really odd. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Hello Mahmud,

Do you have the same issue with VLC and Windows Media Player ?
You can change the engine by switching it in the Video Asset properties (see below).

Regards,

Alex.

Hello Alex,

Yeah, I’ve tried both engines but unfortunately ended up with the same result. This issue isn’t present with the video backgrounds in the design accelerators, so I tried matching the exact format and specs of the video backgrounds and applied them to my videos, but with no luck.
Still trying, hopefully there will be a solution, as i am a big fan of the software.

Do you have the same issues when you play these videos directly in VLC (2.7) or WMPlayer ?
(I mean, completely outside of the Composer)

If you can, send a video of your “video issue”, and share these video you’re using.

Of course, if you want a more dedicated/private support, you can open a ticket on our Support Site.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi again Alex,

The videos play absolutely fine outside of the composer with both VLC and WMP.

Regards.

Hello Mahmud,

Sorry for the delay, I was off.
I suggest you to open a ticket on our Support Site so they can investigate.

Regards,

Alex.