Urgent: Taskbar, start icon etc not hiding during Windows startup in touchscreen set-up

Hi,
I know this is rather a Windows issue, but it is tied to the Intuiface set-up process and I believe it is a daily issue for many of us who produce public touchscreen kiosks. (Windows 10 home came with the machine)

Following intuiface startup instructions and management console intuiface experience runs fine.

However, when the computer starts once a day for about 10 seconds the taskbar and basic menu items (power button) are exposed and can be interfered with by anyone, before intuiface takes over. How can this be avoided hidden. We activated taskbar hiding in settings.

Thanks for you help!

Hi @Hazel,

We have a dedicated article explaining how to run Run Intuiface Player on Windows-based PCs in Kiosk Mode, should help you to set this up.

Regards,

Alex.

2 Likes

Hi,
that is exactly what we followed, but the elements still show up for this period before intuiface is fired up.
It does work fine with the glitch of giving access to the OS during startup. You are describing that the Windows is visible for a few seconds and that is what is does. But it must be hidden, at least any functionality. Otherwise people could just mess with it during that short window of time.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hi Hazel,

If after following the recommandations it’s still not working properly, I recommend you to open a ticket on Support so they can investigate. Don’t forget to tell Support you followed what’s in the article. If you can, don’t hesitate to make a quick video recording of the issue.

Regards,

Alex.

Hazel, to stop this issue look into a program called SiteKiosk this will stop the issue of users being able to tamper with windows.

Thanks Alex, I started one #16738 including a video with startup process.

Thank you Louie,
I looked at it, too. Quite pricey for what it has to do in our case, but last resort. They say no subscription, but you may have to keep updating as well.

Hi Hazel,
One thing you could do is right click on your task bar, open the properties, and click “Hide Task bar…”