Two Frustrating Problems

Hello,

I have two problems that I cannot solve.

1.) On the bottom of the screen, there are 8 buttons. Touch one button, and it opens an image (makes opacity 100%) inside the frame of a pinboard. The opened image is set to free so it can be enlarged or reduced in size. Each of the 8 buttons opens the image inside the same pinboard. The problem is only one opened image can be manipulated, although all are set to free with Allow Movement checked.

Why is this happening? Should I have 8 pinboards? These two pictures are of the scene assets list and the screen.

IMG_4002

1. On this screen, there are 5 images stacked one above the other. The bottom image is set at 100% opacity, and all the others at 0% opacity. When you move a slider in a scroll window, a corresponding image fades up to 100%. As you move the slider a pinboard also fades up with text and toggle button. The toggle button reveals or hides a .png mask over the corresponding image. The problem is one toggle button is revealing a mask from another toggle button that is further down the list of screen assets. I have checked the image and triggers for the malfunctioning toggle button multiple times. I have also tried deleting the faulty toggle and creating a new one with the same triggers.

If I move the scroll window and corresponding pinboard with the working toggle button up in the scene assets lists, the malfunctioning toggle starts working, but the scroll opacity slider that I moved stops working. Confusing!

Any Suggestions? The two pictures are of the scene assets list and the screen.

IMG_4003

Thanks for any help,

Drew Harty

Hello Drew,

As a quick answer/hint, keep in mind that an image with a 0 opacity will still answer to touch events. It’s still here and can be manipulated, even if you don’t see it. That may help you to investigate.

For a more detailed answer, I recommend you to start a discussion on our Support and to share your experience.

To share the experience, you can choose any of the following methods:

1. Publish your experience. Then, in the Details panel for your experience on the Share and Deploy console, select the tab “Share with account” and share it with the email address xp-for-support@intuiface.com as “reader”.
  2. Put a zip of your experience on a sharing website such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc and then share it with the email address xp-for-support@intuiface.com.

Regards,

Alex.

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will follow up on your support forum.

In the mean time. Is there a trigger or action I can use to close multiple images simultaneously while staying on the same screen? For instance, with my first example above with 8 buttons opening 8 image files in a pinboard, when one of any of the 8 buttons is tapped can a trigger close, or set to 0% opacity, or hide any files open in the pinboard simulaneously? My solution has been to create multiple triggers for each button that set all other files to 0% opacity. This requires creating 8x8 triggers.

Thanks,
Drew

Hi Drew, I usually dont use the opacity function, as even though you cant see it, it blocks out interactivity of the rest behind it. A better working alternative i found was to use the visibility action. For your first one:

1. Set all your images in the pin board to not visible.
  2. Put a button somewhere out of the scene, that hides all those 8 pinboard images when clicked
  3. For the 8 buttons at the bottom, set up the touches on each of these to first simulate a tap on the button mentioned above at 0 seconds, then another action to show the corresponding image at 0.2 seconds

What happens with this is whenever you touch an image from the 8 at the bottom, it will first hide all the images in the pinboard (simulation of tap from the button) and then it will show the corresponding image.

I’m a bit confused about your 2nd point, will try and reply when i make sense of it

Hi @maghelpdesk,

Before answering your question, I have one for you :slight_smile:
Do you need to show multiple images at the same time, or will the images be displayed only 1 at a time?
If you are in the second case, I’d use only 1 image instead of 8 and use the change image action to dynamically change its content when 1 of the 8 buttons is clicked. That would be a bit more optimized.

Now if you want to keep your current structure, when calling a show action, you can check the Hide everything else parameter. That will hide all other assets within the same parent collection.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I knew there must be a better solution than what I was trying.

Change image or show / hide everything else sound like excellent, much simpler approaches.

Drew Harty

Is there an action you would recommend to dynamically reset sliders? I have four sliders that fade up from 0% to 100% opacity one of four images layered in a pinboard. Moving a slider also fades up a 2nd pinboard with text and a toggle button that shows/hides a .png mask over an image.

As I fade up the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th slider I would like them to reset the sliders below it in the assets list.

Any suggestion how to do this?

Thanks, Drew Harty

Hello Drew,

As your question seems to be a little more complex to answer without sample and may require to see it in action in your experience, I recommend you again to start a discussion on our Support and to share your experience.

To share the experience, you can choose any of the following methods:

1. Publish your experience. Then, in the Details panel for your experience on the Share and Deploy console, select the tab “Share with account” and share it with the email address xp-for-support@intuiface.com as “reader”.
  2. Put a zip of your experience on a sharing website such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc and then share it with the email address xp-for-support@intuiface.com.

Regards,

Alex.

Hello Alex,

I have published my experience and shared it with xp-for-support@intuiface.com, as you suggested.

On the “What is Revealed” page, you will see there are four scroll sliders. As you move the slider, an image fades up and text appears.

Can you suggest a way to have have the movement of one slider reset the other three sliders? Otherwise, if a user does not completely reset the position of one slider, it can possibly interfere with the function of the others, depending its position in the stack. The text is triggered with a show / hide trigger with “hide all others” checked, so does reset with the movement of any slider.

On the “Deep Zoom” page, I have not found a way to have the images display at 100% size when first triggered by the touch of each corresponding button. When I set the “maximize” pull down in properties, the images display at 100% but then loose their ability to be manipulated by the user within the pinboard.

I am a new Composure user and would welcome any other comments or suggestions you may have about the experience.

Thanks, Drew Harty

Heya,

I’ve created a ticket for you on our Support.

Regards,

Alex.

Hello,

I’ve published a new version of the Look Below the Surface program and shared it with xp_for_support@intuiface.com.

On the What is Revealed scene, I followed tech support instructions for creating triggers that reset 3 of the 4 sliders when one is moved. When playing, all the sliders reset most the time, but not all the time. Sometimes a slider(s) won’t reset until you have moved another slider back and forth across its range two times.

Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?

Thanks, Drew Harty

I saw you also posted on Support, now that you have a Ticket open, someone from the Support Team will answer you on Support.

Hi @maghelpdesk, I may have a small piece of advice.
I think I’ve seen what you’ve talked about regarding the success of triggering opacity. When I’ve used triggers to set opacity, I’ve noticed that they are more successful when you set the trigger to be animated.

Set the duration to be .1 - .2 sec if you need it to happen quickly. In my personal experience, this duration setting seems to work best to force the opacity to change. Good luck!