The ability to "Tap" or "Double Tap" an Image from a trigger of another Asset

We typically add triggers to Images when they are tapped or “double” tapped.
Later we will want to simulate a tap action on the Image from a different asset (say a scroll or a button click). But there is no tap (or double tap) action on the Image from another asset.

As a work-around we can use an “Image Button”. But, If we already have images with triggers, it’s not
easy to migrate them to a button. Also, there is no “double” tap action on an Image button.

Thanks.

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

Hey @AlexL,
Just to get some more information - what do you need the images to do when tapped or double tapped? Are they stand alone, or in a collection?

They are usually part of a collection. I have multiple images that when tapped will set text, change image/video/document, set start timers, etc. on Assets inside/outside the collection. for example, I would like to tap on one of the images every time the collection scrolls. At this point I will have to change the Image to an Image button and re-do all the trigger/actions (pretty tedious). I will also lose the ability to double tap.

Again, this is pretty simple, on an Image, to add triggers with actions of tap/double tap…It would be nice to when creating a trigger on any asset that will allow you to select an Image as the action target with a tap Action.

Ok, I understand what you’re saying now, thanks for the clarification. You’re right, it is unique that an image has a double tap trigger. But yah, taps cannot be triggered by another asset. I’m not sure there’s any other way around it - you’ll need to redo some things or add some more triggers to other properties.

All I can say as a small side note is don’t forget that triggers aren’t always needed for things to happen. Turning the arrow in the other direction, you can have the output-assets set with bindings and converters to things that the user manipulates. For example, set the visibility of an asset to be bound to the index of a collection, and use the ‘equal to’ converter to only make it visible at index X. This is pretty simple, but thinking along these lines can also save a lot of time when you need to do re-work.

Good luck!

That’s why it’s a Whishlist item. :wink:

Yes, using bindings does work well for a lot of things we do. The biggest problem we have, is setting attributes on Assets outside a collection. You can’t bind an Asset outside a collection to an asset inside the collection (it does work the other way around). We typically use a trigger to change attributes of assets outside a collection.

Thanks for your suggestions and help with this.

1 Like