Suggestions For Matching Tablet and Screen Settings

Hello,
Though I love my Android phone, I’m somewhat of a tablet novice.

I’m trying to run IF and connect a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to a TV, but I’m having trouble getting the screen resolutions to work correctly. It seems the tablet or the TV always have black bars on them. Ideally, I’d like to try and use a tablet to run a presentation, but be ready for when a user wants to pick it up and interact. So far…I’m sadly not very impressed with how this is working.

Does anyone know if there is a reliable way to set an android tablet screen resolution? I’ve been reading up on some apps out there, but many of them say you can ruin your device if you don’t know what you’re doing. So I’m a bit worried to try them out.

Thanks for any advice out there! I’d love to hear from some people who have used IF on tablet devices.

Hello Alex,

If I’m not wrong, your tablet’s resolution is 2048x1536. This means it has a 4:3 aspect ratio display. An usual TV screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9 with a full HD resolution of 1920x1080. If this is the case, there is nothing you can do, except to buy a similar aspect ratio tv (not sure if they make them) as it is simply a matter of screen proportions. It is just like trying to fit a square in a rectangle or vice versa. No matter how big or small they are, there will always remain some space to fill, in this case black margins. I hope this makes sense.