Slow frame rate on multi-screen video walls?

I put together an experience for a university that will span 12 55inch displays. We have a similar wall in our lab I was testing this on (but only 9 panels). It performs fine with no dropped frames on 2 other large 4K monitors I’ve tested it on - however when it comes to playing it across multiple displays at 5760x3240, it appears to only be showing about 4 frames per second. Very chuggy. :frowning:

This happened first a few weeks ago when windows 7 was installed on the Boxx machine (with 3 NVIDIA QUADRO M5000 cards) running the video wall. We’ve since upgraded to Windows 8 (there’s another unrelated specific reason we didn’t do 10) but we’re still having the same issue.

Are there any known issues with intuiface experiences running slowly on tiled screen video walls?

Thanks,
Carson

@carson,

I think the reason of poor performances are exactly the same than the one I just explained in 12K video wall stress tests & VLC vs Intuiface comparison - #13 by carson - Help from Community - Intuiface Community
I know that using graphic effects (blur / hue rotation…) on multiple displays kill the perfs (it obviously depends on the GPU, its memory and the resolution and the number of displays). And I am pretty sure (no tested yet on our side) that multiple GPU will not deal properly this issue.

Christophe

Yes,
For anyone else reading this, I disabled my sepia and hue effects and performance shot back up. I was dealing with tons of pictures so a work around I’m setting up is batch actions in photoshop to take care of the effects processing instead of doing it all in realtime on the collection.

1 Like