Slideshow with timeperiod

Hello,

I want to create a slideshow. I’m importing all the data via rest(image, startdatetime, enddatetime).
The plan is, that i’ll show certain image at certain timeperiod.
What is the best way to do that? Using Timeline?

@i.olavi

You could use the scheduling asset:

Please have a read this it may help you:

Interface Asset - Scheduler

Kind Regards

Louie

Hi @i.olavi,

Can you tell us more about the startdatetime & enddatetime values you will have and your usage scenario?
What kind of transition would you like to see between the images?

You can also have a look at this thread which may be a similar use case.

Seb

Hi all, tnx for reply.
I have a json file, which uses following structure
[{“aImage”:“picture.jpeg”,“startdate”:{“date”:“2018-03-22 10:53:00.000000”,“timezone_type”:3,“timezone”:“America/New_York”},“enddate”:{“date”:“2018-03-23 05:53:00.000000”,“timezone_type”:3,“timezone”:“America/New_York”}

My goal is to create a slideshow/screenshow, which shows a image which meets the date value requirements.(In json code: picture.jpeg will be shown only betveen 2018-03-22 10:53:00 to 2018-03-23 05:53:00)

So, if i have many pictures in json file, if one picture period ends, it will show next image.

I see maybe 2 more possibility:

1. i will use HTML asset, and write javascript code, which imports pictures and changes them when needed.
  2. I import once a day json file, using API explorer. All the pictures in json file are ordered by date. I can calculate duration, how long image must be shown, and after time finishes, i’ll show next image.

I’d go with the second option.
Once a day, load the pictures for the current day.
Put them in a collection with a notion of focus, such as an asset flow or flip chart.
On the template, when the root is moved into focus, save the “end time” in a global variable
Use a Clock timer so that when the time equals (or is above to avoid missing it) the saved value (end time), go to the next item in the collection.

Please tell me if you need more details about this suggestion.

Seb

Thank you for an answer. I have more questions. Is it possible to remove an item from collection after reaching endtime?

The only way to add / remove an item from a collection is to add / remove it from the data source.
With an Excel fed collection, you’d add a filter to do that.
If the collection is fed by an API, you’ll have to change a property of the REST Interface Asset to apply that “filter” on the server side.

Seb