Select and display single cell data from excel

HI, I am trying to build a map that shows various POI’s. All the POI’s are displayed via Long & Lats stored in a Excel spreadsheet along with each line having a POI name and address.

The POI are being displayed correctly on the map but what i want to do is when one is selected via a click i want the name and address to show in text box associated with that POI.

I’m struggling to get this to work. When selecting “get value from” for the text box i select the spreadsheet listed as the asset and then click on Rows, I then select the row i need ( “name” ) but all i seem to be able to do is select a row number rather that the entire row ?? the end result being a fixed result for that row number

I have looked at the Interactive map experience from the market place as this does just what i am trying to do via the map with filters scene. One thing i have noticed is that i have the spreadsheet as an asset where as the the demo data seems to be different. It is an excel spreadsheet but rather than the excel icon show it is a rectangle with two arrows pointing in opposite directions. I’m sure this has something to do with the selection of data i need but i have no idea what that type of asset is?

Any help will be appreciated… i am newbe so still finding my way around.

Thanks.

Hi rod,

I have looked at the Interactive map experience from the market place as this does just what i am trying to do via the map with filters scene. One thing i have noticed is that i have the spreadsheet as an asset where as the the demo data seems to be different. It is an excel spreadsheet but rather than the excel icon show it is a rectangle with two arrows pointing in opposite directions. I’m sure this has something to do with the selection of data i need but i have no idea what that type of asset is?

This is because you are probably looking at the example that is getting it’s data from a rest service and not excel data.

You need to look at the excel example in the scene called “Map - Excel Data with Filters”.

When a POI is tapped , we set a action to set texts for name and address of two texts assets using binding as shown here:

You might be interested in this article that explains how this concept works: http://support.intuilab.com/kb/binding-and-value-converters/binding-action-parameter-to-property

Hope this helps.

Let us know. :slight_smile:

HI @Chloe

That worked great thanks. I also watched Seb’s webinar on using Excel which was helpful. It didn’t dawn on me to create a binding :slight_smile:

Many Thanks, all fixed and working great.

Happy to hear it!