Scripting/navigation question

Thats awesome, thanks. Ill give it a try.

Is there a way to clean up these triggers? I have a lot because of this interactive section, so when this frame of the scroll collection moves out of view, I have to reset everything on that wheel you saw above.

Sorry lots of questions guys. Is it possible to thicken the outline of a button? Looks like it’s just a 1px outline.

More questions lol. I’m working on a big important project.

In this one I have this target looking graphic. I want each colored ring of it clickable. Is that possible? Maybe have 3 circular buttons if thats possible and stack them?

About “cleaning the triggers”, I’m not sure what you’re looking for, but here are 2 things that may help you to reduce the number of actions in this panel

• if you need to “hide all elements but one” in a “group”, you can call the Show action on that last element and check the “hide everything else” option. It will hide all elements belonging to the same parent, ex: a Group collection. You can use a fake transparent element or a light object like a text outside of your group as this item to show.
  • A similar mechanism is available with toggle buttons. To uncheck a large number of toggle buttons, add a fake one, invisible, and make sure they all belong to the same toggle set. You can call the “check” action on this fake button, it will uncheck all the other ones belonging to the same set.

1 Like

Regarding the button outline, unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. I’d recommend you to post a suggestion in our #wishlist category.

In the meantime, you can use Image buttons instead.

1 Like

This circular buttons can be tricky and I can see (at least) 3 solutions:

1. Use Circle shapes and “is tapped” trigger, put the largest one at the bottom and stack them.
  2. Use multiple buttons per circle, as explained in this article Irregular shaped clickable object - #7 by tosolini by @tosolini
  3. Use SVG through an HTML Frame as explained in the same article, but further down in the posts: Irregular shaped clickable object - #25 by Joshua (link should go to the US map buttons). This one is a bit more technical to retrieve the clicks as triggers in the experience, but gives you the most flexible design.
1 Like

Great thanks Seb. Ok another question. I have a scroll collection with 6 images in it, all laid out horizontally. Only 1 image is seen at a time.

I have a trigger on the scroll collection itself that says on tap, scroll the collection x pixels, which works fine. Each image comes into view the way I want and the others are outside of view. Problem is when it gets to the 6th image, the next time the user taps, I need to have it scroll all the way back to the 1st image. I cant figure out how to do that.

Ok I see that swap collection is what I was looking for.

On to the next question. How do I get this circular collection so the user can use their finger to rotate it? I have some placeholder images in there for now thst they can tap on to learn more, but it wont rotate.

CIRCULAR

I see on this page a lot of options under container behavior, but I dont see most of this in the container behaviors for any of my objects. All I have is resize, no resize, and scale. Im still trying to figure how to make an image freely rotatable by the user. Cant seem to do it with a circular collection.

If you put your images and blue ellipse in a group, you can set it to Free instead of static and only enable the rotation.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you so much.

1 Like

Well no wonder Im struggling. Ive updated the software and I still dont have all these container options you have.

That’s because your group’s parent collection isn’t a layer on a pinboard collection.

Within a Group collection, here the “CONTENT - WHYKPMG”, you can’t dynamically move objects (= in play mode), so the containers available are “Resize, No resize, Scale”. They define the behavior of the children when the parent group is manipulated, assuming this parent has a Free container.

To be able to dynamically move/scale, or in your scenario rotate your group named “Group” in your screenshot, you need to:

• Change the “CONTENT-WHYKPMG” type from Group to Pinboard
  • Set the “Rectangle 5” and texts containers to static
  • Set the “Group” container to Free, and uncheck the allow move / resize.
1 Like

Thx Seb. A couple other questions.

• Sometimes when I play my experience that im building and try to click a button right away, the scripting wacks out. Seems to work fine if I play the experience and wait a few seconds. Why is this?

• This one might be tougher to get help for. I have an up arrow button that slides a scroll collection up. Almost like a back button. The whole thing scrolls vertically. When this scroll collection gets to the first/original frame/state, I have a conditional statement on the up arrow button to trigger some other scripts. I cant seem to get this to work right. I tried everything under the conditional statements. Messed with the V offset both px and percentage. Not sure if youll be able to help with this. I know it sounds complicated.

If I cant get this to work right im going to have to resort to a simpler way of doing this which wont look as good. Basically just copies of this up arrow within the scroll collection itself. The issue here is I want this up arrow to be stationary outside of the scroll collection. But when that scroll collection is in its default state, I need a bunch of other things to happen. Thats what I cant get to work.

For such specific questions, I’ll recommend you to start a private discussion with our support team. They’ll ask you to share your experience with them so they can investigate and better understand what’s going on there.

Alright. Problem is I have to get this working by monday so I have to work over the weekend on it.

I actually ended up getting this working. The conditional numbers were wrong. I dont really understand why its not 0 but the number I tried got it working. Its something to do with the fact that the top of my scroll collection is top aligned with my canvas, yet the y position still shows as 960. I dont really get why anchor points dont work the same in this as in so many other programs. Its always top left is 0,0 but here the anchors are centered and its really screwing me up a lot.

A couple things about this rotatable group within a pinboard. It does this slight scale up when you press the object which I dont like, so is there a way to turn this off? I can’t seem to find it.

Also, the rotating of the object seems very unreliable. It works well when I drag outside the group that my image is in, and its really choppy when I try to drag over the image itself within the group, which is how id like this to work. I cant explain to people to rotate it using their finger outside the image. Not intuitive.