Schedule Content with HMCS

I’m building an experience using the HCMS and need to be able to schedule certain content to change on different days of the week. My goal is to have users in the HCMS be able to schedule that content as they change the content. Example:

• Single screen
  • non-interactive
  • has 3-4 film titles and showtimes listed

The user of the HCMS will need to be able to change the film titles and showtimes in advance of them changing as we don’t show the same films every week.

Thanks,

Mel

Welcome @evan.windham Mel,

There are a couple ways you could handle this. First off in HCMS you have the option to choose * Stage for publishing : This will label content as ready for publishing without actually publishing it. Think of it as staging in advance of publication. Then when they are ready they could choose Publish now and it will pass the updates.

The other option is you could have a date field in the HCMS and have the experience only show the content that has the matching date(s). This could be done by applying a filter to the HCMS data feed. Here is a help article on how to do that in Composer.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

Hi @evan.windham,

I recommend you to watch the recording of the Headless - CMS Part 2 session of our last user conference, available here: Interactive 2022 - The Annual Intuiface User Conference

The video is actually this one. I mention a few things about scheduling in that session that could help you as well.

Seb

3 Likes