Restrict search on map to a certain region

I am using the google geocoding feature on my maps to search for locations. Ideally, I would like to be able to search for attractions and restaurants that are close to my starting location.

The problem is the searches love results for places around London, UK, and not where my map is initially focused on: Minneapolis, MN. How can I bias my searches to stay in my region? Or at the very least ensure I do not end up on a different continent?

Hi Paul!

I imagine you started your project using the Concierge Kiosk sample. We had indeed added a restriction to London so that users would always land on London locations on the map.

Since you wish to focus on Minneapolis you need to change the value in the binding converter as shown in this screenshot:

Here’s an article that explains how value converters work: http://support.intuilab.com/kb/binding-and-value-converters/value-converters

Let me know if this works for you.

That works! Though the first result is often not the best one. I am assuming there is a way to make an array of the results this search would give you?