Recommended Touchscreens

I just found this site, and I am wondering if I can use this software to create interactive slideshows and games?

If I want to use this in a museum, and have touch screens mounted on the wall, which should I buy? Do I need to have a computer hooked to the touchscreens? How to I play what I create on the screens?

Thanks!

Hi @judilliams and welcome to the IntuiFace community!

Here are some answers to help you get started

I am wondering if I can use this software to create interactive slideshows and games?

Yes you can! We have a couple of samples experiences you can download for inspiration, you can modify them as you wish. See here. We also have a series of new game samples that we’ll release soon so keep your eyes open!

If I want to use this in a museum, and have touch screens mounted on the wall, which should I buy?

You mean which touchscreen should you buy? It really depends on your needs, here’s an article that lists our recommended devices per platform.

Do I need to have a computer hooked to the touchscreens?

Some devices are all-in-one

How to I play what I create on the screens?

I invite you to read this to help you understand the IntuiFace environement.

Hope this helps.

And make sure to visit the resource page to help you get started with IntuiFace.

Is there a way in which I could run it through something like this:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Electronics_NA/Electronics/Products/Electronics_Product_Catalog/~/3M-Multi-Touch-Display-C4267PW-42-?N=5153295+3293948805&rt=rud

Hi! That display should work just fine. It’s implied in the webpage copy that this display is Windows plug-and-play - i.e. it just works without requiring special drivers. If it’s plug-and-play (like 99% of the touch displays out there), IntuiFace is happy. It only lists Windows 7 and 8 so make sure you either 1) don’t get Windows 10, or 2) ask about Windows 10 support.

-Geoff

Thank you! I’m such a noob with this! What does pug in play mean, exactly?
That I will just upload what I want to play to a USB and stick it in?

In other words, when you attach this 3M display to a Windows PC, the two will work happily together. You plug them together and they play nicely. Any time a touch display is Windows plug-and-play, IntuiFace can work with it as well.

To play an IntuiFace experience you need to run IntuiFace Composer (the editor) or IntuiFace Player (the runtime). They are prerequisites for building/playing IntuiFace content. We talk all about it here.

Hi @judilliams,

3M Touch screens are among the best touchscreens on the market, so yes that’s a good choice.
“Plug and play” means you need to plug 2 cables between the screen and the PC

• a video cable, to get the image from the PC to the screen
  • a USB cable, to get the touch information from the screen to the PC and control the IntuiFace you will run there.

Regarding the PC, depending on your needs (quite simple app → many high resolution videos & effects), you can have a look at the Intel NUC which are small devices, easy to fix to such a screen that have decent performance.

I would say these lightning screens are good? http://www.multitouches.co.uk/

• Inbuilt PC to a High Spec

• Super fast response on the Infra Red touch

Check the website out.

1 Like

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to know.