Sequences are awesome, and help me group scenes together. However, once I create a sequence if I need to create a scene outside of that sequence grouping…it’s next to impossible. I have tried dragging the scene outside of the sequence drop-down menu and it simply doesn’t work. Is there a better way that anyone has discovered for dragging a scene outside of a sequence?
Hi @andrew.gentry normally you should be able to drag scenes out of a sequence or delete them on the drop down scene list. where are you trying to do this?
The scenes panel only allows us to drag outside a sequence if it can fall “in between” two items. If there’s only one item and it’s a sequence, then it will force everything to nest inside the sequence.
For your example, it’s easy to drag the scene out of a sequence because there are non-nested scenes. But if you remove those scenes, it won’t work anymore.
- make the same arrangement as pictured above
- delete scenes 1,2, & 4
- try to drag scene 3 out of the sequence
- duplicate the sequence (“Sequence” > “Sequence 1”)
- drag the duplicate sequence out of the original (Intuiface will allow this!)
- create a new (empty) sequence
- drag the new sequence out of the parent
- go back and delete the duplicated sequence
- create a new scene (this one will stay blank)
- drag the scene out of the sequence, then drag it to the bottom of the Scenes list
- delete the empty sequence
- leave the blank scene in the project (so you can drag “in between” something)
Hope this helps!