Problem with looping video

I have a background video that is a perfect loop and what created to the specs suggested on the IF video requirements page, but when the video goes to loop, this is like this weird pause/stutter. It basically just stops the video for like half a second as it tries to loop it, then starts the video over. It looks really bad considering the video is only 10 seconds like so this stutter is happening often and is very noticeable.

Is this a known issue?

Hello Tim,

I recommend you to open a ticket on our Support Site so our team can investigate.

Support Team will probably ask you to share your XP with xp-for-support@intuiface.com so you may want to do that just after creating your ticket.

Regards,

Alex.

Ok thx, how long will that take? Im in a very tight deadline so I kind of have to get this fixed now.

Ok I shared it.

I have an unrelated video question. If I have say 5 videos in one scene, and in the other scene just a script that basically says “if innactive for 300 seconds, jump to scene 1”, is it possible to have it play a random video in that scene?

What I dont want is to have it play the first video each time.

Another question about that. Is it also possible instead of doing it the way I described above, to have it pause one large video when that scene is left, and then continue it when you go back to that scene?

For point one you will need to either create a spreadsheet and populate the videos and assign an index to each video meaning 1 - 5 then use the Random from list IA to generate a new video to play from the spreadsheet.

For point two you can use a Global Variable for example and when scene has been left pause the video and grab the timestamp of the video in the Global Variable and that will save the timestamp ready for when you go back to the scene before, you may need to add a trigger to the scene to say when scene has entered set timeline/ timestamp to the Global Variable.

Kind Regards

Louie

1 Like

I need some help. I have 2 scenes, default scene has my video. Other scene is the main experience.

I have a global variable, no property binding on the value field. On the default scene I have 2 triggers that say when scene has been left, pause the video and grab the current time of the video.

2nd trigger on that scene is when entered, set the timeline of the video to the value from global variable.

This isnt working though. I can see from a text box timestamp that ive binded to the time of the video that when I come back to the default scene, it has the time of the video that it left off on, but after a second, the video insists on starting over from the beginning. What could be causing this?

I’m closing this topic since it’s now being handled directly by the Intuiface support team.

1 Like