Presenting your Intuiface creations through an Augmented Reality cube

Everyone has a business card - Join Tosolini Productions as we re-imagine the classic card as an augmented reality cube. Envision a new way to communicate your business with impact and memorability. The Unity3d prototype runs on modern Android phones, with augmented elements tracking to a physical Merge Cube object.

It focuses on our three core business practices:

• Touch screen solutions using Intuiface
  • 3D Virtual Tours with Matterport
  • AR & VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZvgGs2inyM

While not immediately practical, the cube is part of an ongoing experimentation with interactive digital storytelling - it offers a glimpse into the exciting future of augmented reality. The power to intuitively explore rich multimedia content, in a new dimension.

Developed by our VR designer Michael Gelon.

1 Like

Hello,

I am just getting started with Intuiface, and I hope to use it in my high school classroom (students are working on creating the touchscreen display)

I would love to use the mergecube as part of an experience and I was wondering if you or anyone else had tried to run the mergecube from within intuiface?

The ideal situation would be that a student would pick up the merge cube, and press a button that would load the mergecube app and the webcam would recognize it and display the content on the screen

Thank you in advance

The AR experience you are seeing in the video was captured through a phone. If you want to blend the Merge Cube Windows app with Intuiface, one way to do it is to run it in the background, while Intuiface runs in the foreground. When the students click a ‘Learn with Merge Cube’ button, you’d open a scene with a transparent background. This would enable to play with the Merge Cube app, while Intuiface can still be accessible in the foreground to exit the scene and go back to the original touch screen app.

An even simpler alternative is just using Intuiface to run the Merge Cube app using the Launch Application action.

1 Like