Please fix type spacing options!

It is EXTREMELY frustrating that there is no way to adjust the line spacing when using either simple text or rich text. Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about this. I use this program extensively for educational purposes and not being able to manipulate type is beyond annoying. I either have to make it into books where the type comes in as a PDF, or I have to make it into a png - where the type is set as an image - or incorporated into a background picture.

This has been requested many times, but it is either too hard to program, or Intuiface doesn’t really care about solving the problem!!!

4 Likes

I am sure this is not the case, they are probably really busy at the moment, features like this although seem very frustrating as to why there is no feature available.

I am sure in time they will add this in the near future, I have this exact problem at the moment and currently there is no work around apart from making the text as images just to get the line spacing.

1 Like

Err … there is still HTML Frame, but I agree it’s not handy when you have bindings.

Thank you @terren for your feedback.
Next time, you may want not to create a new thread but post on an existing one in order to not spread same topics and give it more weight by consolidating an existing one.

Regards,

Alex.

2 Likes

Alex, thanks for your input… I’m new to the community and will certainly add to existing wish list topics in the future. However, it does seem odd to me that if this topic was brought up in 2016 and hasn’t been addressed, there must be a reason for it. It’s very unfortunate as it seems like a very basic need when designing material for use by the public. Readability and design are an integral part of making good interactive content.

Sorry to read that @terren but please know that our product Roadmap is re-evaluated on a regular basis so we can take into account our customers most important needs. Some features may be Basic for some and Bonus for others, your mileage may vary.

As you probably have seen, we make fairly regular updates on our software. Be sure that your request has been heard and transmitted and won’t be forgotten but I cannot give you a date when it will be dealt with.

Regards,

Alex.

4 Likes

Bump this, we need this as we are facing issues with our client over line spacing?! This is on the buttons and on the text assets, I know you guys are really busy, but is there any chance this could be bumped to a higher priority?

3 Likes

ok lets open a poll to see if we’ll need to readjust our priorities.

• Please add the ability to adjust the line spacing when using either simple text or rich text.
  • I do not notice the need for this additional feature.

0 voters

1 Like

Bump on this, it would be a huge quality of life improvement. When receiving graphics from agencies, they can be very particular about ensuring the intuiface program matches.

Splitting text into multiple assets or exporting as a PNG adds up to be a hassle if we need to do it a lot in an XP.