Lately, we’ve spent a lot of time sharing how we expect the digital signage market to evolve in response to the touch sensitivity provoked by the COVID-19 pandemic. For example:
- Our blog article “Touchscreen Guidance for a (Post) Confinement World”
- The participation of our Geoff Bessin in the industry roundtable “Touchscreen Challenges in Pandemic Times”
Part of our message has been the increasing importance of presenting touch-alternatives for interactive digital deployments. Touch is not going away but it’s certainly going to provoke levels of concern that will encourage many to adopt alternative interaction options if available.
Now ready for download is a new sample experience illustrating how to adopt more than one interactive approach for achieving a shared goal. In it, a beverage recommendation kiosk provides each shopper a choice of options for selecting their night’s meal: touch, speech, use of their mobile phone. We call it “Multi-Mode Interaction - An Example” and it’s completely free to use, study, reverse engineer, and borrow from.
Here’s what it looks like in action:
- Where to find the experience “Multi-Mode Interaction - An Example”:
- Composer: Marketplace tab of the Experiences panel.
- Website: Marketplace webpage
- Detailed guidance for how it was built
We hope you will be inspired by this example and come to believe that with Intuiface, creating multi-mode experiences is a very achievable goal in these very challenging times.