Intuiface v6.4.5 is OUT
The release adds enhancements to the Text Asset and Intuiface Analytics. Fixes are the cherry on top. Read Everything Below!
(All previous release notes can be found HERE)
Added “ Adapt font size ” property to the Text Asset, Text Input Asset, and all button variants. This means if text overflows its container, the associated font will automatically decrease in size until a configurable minimum is reached. Particularly useful if text is dynamically retrieved and thus of an unpredictable volume, making it hard to choose an appropriate container size. Also useful as eye candy because it looks cool and looks are everything. My mom says I’m handsome.
Bonus capability for “Adapt font size”: Overflow behavior for the Text Asset. Choose from one of three options if the minimum font size has been reached and the text still cannot be fully displayed (for details, see Geoff’s article):
- Scrollbars : Displays a scroll bar to indicate there is additional text AND enables scrolling with a swipe gesture. Yes! You can swipe through text in the Text Asset!!!
- Elipsis : That’s this thing, a bunch of dots -> … No scrolling but it does let your users know not everything is currently displayed.
- Clip : Text that doesn’t fit is simply cut off. There is no visual indication that additional text is currently not displayed. (the Ellipsis and Clip overflow options are also available for all button variants but it’s rarely a good idea to cut off button text)
Text Input Asset now works with the Keyboard Triggers. Now that I think about it, it’s an enhancement to our existing Keyboard triggers feature. The Input Text Asset no longer block’s Intuiface’s ability to identify your specified key presses and react to them.
Text no longer slightly changes position and size when adding/modifying text while in Composer’s Edit Mode. Nope, not a corrected bug. We’ve just soured on the original idea.
Added two very useful filters for chart creation in Intuiface Analytics. Among other things, it’s now much easier to differentiate Players in a chart. For details, see Geoff’s article.
Fixed an issue where the Share and Deploy Console indefinitely displayed “Update already in progress” after using the console to remotely update Player for Windows. The ‘already’ made things worse by it’s placing the blame on the user. Not so fast, console!
Cleaned up some issues particular to the Text Input Asset:
- Corrected a bug that wrongfully displayed the cursor if the displayed text was italicized while in Composer’s Edit Mode. I agree, feels pretty random.
- Fixed a bug occurring when the “Line wrap” property was enabled. The “Enter key is pressed” trigger will no longer place a “line break” character within the input text.
- Use of the Enter key in combination with a modifier key (like Alt or Shift) will no longer fire the “Enter key is pressed“ trigger. The Enter key was pressed but that’s not what the trigger means. I guess we should update the trigger name to include “…if no modifier key is pressed at the same time”, but brevity is the soul of triggers and actions as well as of with.