Live, Updateable Carousel Indicators

Hi Intuiface Family! :slight_smile:

I’ve got a project that has a page where a user can make several selections within 3 levels of a menu, which will then add/subtract to a live total.

I’ve had a request to add in carousel indicators, which is great and all, but I’m not quite sure how to implement it. The first line in the menu, the number of items is fixed, which presents no problem. However, when you select one of the items in the first menu, it will bring up a corresponding number of items to choose from in the 2nd row, which will be different depending on which item is selected in the 1 row. From the 2nd row, a selection of an item there will bring up one item in the 3rd row for each item chosen in the 2nd row.

For rows 2 and 3, I will need the grouping of carousel indicators to increase the number of circles depending on how many items are in that row, with row 3 especially being tricky as it really changes live, since users have an option to close an item in row three, effectively subtracting how many items it has. Whew! What a crazy scenario.

Everything is powered by an Excel spreadsheet, so I’m not sure if I’m going to have to add in another page to it to control how many carousel indicator circles there are? I’ve made a grouping of 5 circles for illustration purposes. How would I keep the grouping centered along the Y axis as the number changes? Ack, so many questions!

I’ve attached a screenshot of a mockup so that you can see what I mean. There is a lot of space from the bottom edge to the 3rd row as this is a 65" 4K monitor that is mounted on a wall, and I had to include some “dead space” on the bottom and top so that there isn’t anything that a user would have to reach for/most of the action is in the center to make it easier for the user.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I may need more coffee, but with just a static snapshot, I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.
Can you maybe record a short video showing how things are (supposed to be) moving together and explain what you’d like to happen when? Don’t hesitate to start a private support ticket if needed for customer confidentiality purpose.

Thanks

Seb

2 Likes

Aw, shoot, I was hoping that I had explained it correctly. Oh well.

Yes, because of client confidentiality, I’ll contact IT Support. Thank you!

Megan

Hi @megan
I ‘kind-of’ understand what you’re getting at. It would be a lot simpler for you if you didn’t use a finite collection like a carousel. If you can use one of the other collections that has no set-size, or ‘end’, then your job is a lot easier. The rest is just organizing the data properly in Excel. If you want to jump on a zoom for a half hour sometime, I’m happy to take a look with you.

2 Likes

Thanks, @AlexB ! I just sent it to Intuiface Support and am waiting for them to respond back, but I just may take you up on that! :wink: I’ll try to keep you posted.

Sounds good, good luck!

1 Like