Linking/joining experiences

Hello. I have a project which consists of 3 different brands each containing approx 20-30 scenes. In an effort to keep the scene count down in a single experience is it possible to link different experiences so that I don’t end up with a document with too many scenes/pages?

hope this makes sense?

Martin

Hello Martin,

Can you give more details about your needs please ?

Do you need to have all 3 Experience switch seamlessly from one to another, or have a 4rth Experience used as “hub” to start one of the 3 Experiences ?

Will they all be on the same Player or running in 3 different players ?

Regards.

Alex.

Hello Alex. Thanks for getting back. I would like 3 different people working on an experience each. Then have a main menu system which can navigate to each of these 3 experiences and be able to nav back to the main menu again. This way I avoid one experience getting to bulky (100+ scenes) and I can have more than one person working on the same project at the same time. I hope this makes sense?

regards
Martin

heya Martin,

Thanks for details, a way to do it would be to use Launch Application action and specify the .ifx file of the wanted experience then use the Exit action with a timer delay to exit the current experience.

Side-notes:

• this is working only on windows platforms
  • there will be a moment onscreen where you will see a Player close (the one with your starting first experience) then re-open (with your target second experience)

Regards

Alex.

Hello! Do you still recommend this procedure?

One thing to note is that, in our case, the experience is used by Sales Reps on their own computers, so I’m not sure we can reliably control the file structure / locations.

The only thing we could count on is all of the experiences being in the same folder. Can you define a path using a “root” type of structure (i.e. “~/Intuiface/Experience1/Experience1.ifx”), or something similar?

Hi @zedgraphiccommunicat,

If your sales reps download the experiences manually through the experience panel of their Player, they will always be downloaded in the same folder: C:/Users/Public/Intuiface/{XPID} where XPID is the beginning of the unique experience ID you can find in your management console: