Keyboard location within Scroll collection

I am having difficulty trying to get the keyboard to show up near a text entry field. The objects with text entry fields are within a scroll collection. Within a normal collection, the X&Y of the collection matched the X&Y of the screen and it all worked nicely. Now that it is within a scroll collection, I somehow have to deal with the viewport offset. So, when at zero offset, they match perfectly like before. When I scroll to bring other tags into view, the keyboard will shoot off the edge of the screen and not appear above the object.
I tried linear converter with little success.

Hi @Hootie,

For such specific issues, I strongly recommend you to open a ticket to support, explain your needs and issues in details, and share everything you can with the Support Team. They will probably ask you to share your experience with xp-for-support@intuiface.com account so they can investigate.

Don’t hesitate, they’re here for our customers.

Regards,

Alex.

I opened a support ticket.

1 Like

@Alex,

I got it working with a small compromise that works better for the user. Our screens are 12 feet wide and would take a few swipes to move from a “Calendar Layout” to a “staging area” and back. So, I locked the scroll collection from interaction and control the offset with a menu located in the center that moves it to either the left or right boundary. I now know the offset and use it with conditions on the triggers for my pop-ups. If offset = 0, use the X location. If offset = 7680, use X location (minus 7680). Puts my pop-up right where they should be. It would still be nice to handle a dynamic scroll, but I’m moving on with this for now. I’ll work with support to see if I can learn a better way.

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes