Is there a way to display local IP address?

HI

I want to make remote controlled experiences over IP but easy to setup for everyone in any local network.
Maybe with the javascript interface asset ?

Thank you for your help
V

Hi @vincent1,

In the System information Interface Asset, you can access the device IP Address (and plenty other useful informations) .

Regards,

Alex.

1 Like

Hi Alax and thank you for your answer !

That was my first guess but that’s not the local IP Address, that’s the public one (btw, you should maybe blur it on the screenshot for security reason).
I’m looking for an address which may start like 192.168.X.X or 172.16.X.X

Best regards,
V

If you are on a local lan, then the local 192.168.X.X or 172.16.X.X IP address should show

@vincent1 Did you find a solution to this? I once solved the same problem using a batch script that when called by Intuiface would query the local IP address and pass it to Intuiface through a Local Network Trigger.

1 Like

Hi @tolu,

I didn’t find any solution fo this yet :frowning:
I think that i’ll use your workaround instead.
Can you share you batch file? Thank you very much !!!

Best regards,
V

Hi @vincent1, I’ve attached a zipped folder with the scripts. It’s a bit of a hack, but it works. local_ip.zip (2.1 MB)

There are 3 files in the folder:

1. run_hidden.vbs – this is the file you open from Intuiface. It runs the actual batch script in the background so you don’t have a command prompt window popping up.

2. local_ip.bat – the batch script that runs the commands.

3. wget.exe – a package for posting the IP address to the Intuiface local network trigger. This happens in the background without opening a browser window.

You need an instance of the local network trigger IA and then open run_hidden.vbs from within Intuiface. The local IP address will be posted to the message parameter of the IA.

Hi @vincent1,

If you’re running Player on Windows, I can propose you a simpler solution based on

You can download a sample XP here.

4 Likes

Thanks @Seb. This is so much better!

Just for the records, @Alex can testify, I was on the phone with him :slight_smile:

• reading this thread to understand the question / need
  • typing .net get local ip address in google
  • clicking on the 1st result (stackoverflow, usually good), then copying the answer with the most positive reviews
  • opening Visual Studio and pasting the code there
  • adding a few lines of code to match the Interface Assets structure. Source code is here: LocalIPAddress.txt (1.8 KB) (rename the file with a .cs extension)
  • compiling the DLL
  • drag & dropping it on GenerateDescriptor
  • copying the files in [Drive]:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Intuiface\Interface Assets
  • Launching Composer, creating a blank project, and adding the IA in the experience
  • Seeing the local IP Address in a Text Asset

took roughly 10 minutes.

The moral of the story: if you know how to write a few lines of C# and get used to creating custom Interface Assets, the day you need something that isn’t available off the shelf in Intuiface, there’s a high chance you can create it pretty “easily”.

Note: Any Intuiface user, even Free users, can create a custom IA.
Note bis: only users with Composer Premier or Enterprise can save an experience using a custom IA.

2 Likes

I swear. The magic of having a C# dev in the team :dizzy:

1. Talk about it on the phone
  2. Hang up after quick chat
  3. Open mail, find custom Interface Asset
  4. Profit :tada:

:rofl:

2 Likes