Intuiface Runs on Raspberry Pi4

Hi Intuiface community.

What the title says - Intuiface runs on the new Raspberry Pi4!
The demo shows an intuiface experience running on Raspberry’s natural OS, Raspbian Buster without a virtual machine.
This should keep you excited 4 a while :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you @Mihai and @Vincent for opening new possibilities!
4 Likes

:open_mouth: Keeping this on a notecard in the back of my mind for later…

SO COOL.

2 Likes

So cool! This opens new scenarios. Question: which player did you installed? Is it something we can start proposing to clients or is just a demo?
Thx

Ciao Andrea,

It’s just a demo for now, we’ll keep the Community posted if it evolves in something more official/fully supported :wink:

Saluti! :it:

3 Likes

As @Alex, Intuiface Player running on a Raspberry is just a demo for the moment, as the Pi runs on Linux.

Meanwhile, you can check devices such as the Asus Tinkerboard that natively supports Android. We have some customers running “classic” digital signage experiences (non interactive) using Intuiface on this device.

Seb

1 Like

Ciao Alexis, come stai??

This is a great new since will reduce the cost of purchasing a mini pc. Also for clients with large number of units.

I know a win pc is different but in some cases this would be great.

Grazie grazie!

A presto…ciao

1 Like

Hello Intuiface-Team

Are you still working on this option?

Greez, Mike C.

I am curious about this as well.

Have there been any new developments in this becoming a supported platform? We have some laptops dying in the field. I would love to replace them with Raspberry Pi’s.

Hey,

I think they have pulled the plug on a port for that device for this generation of Intuiface Player but don’t quote me on that, we had a teaser of it running early last year by @Mihai. But the next generation is exciting stuff!.

Unless @Seb has anymore to add?

Kind Regards

Louie

@Promultis. Thank you for the update. Can you point me in the right direction for our project? We have light interactive wayfinding experience on multiple devices and the laptops that they were running on have died; battery swell. We would like to replace the units with small PC sticks, raspberry pi or something similar. Any suggestions or resources to look into would be appreciated.

Hi @kiterealty,

First, I confirm our team is making some progress on the Raspberry Pi platform although I can’t give you any release date at the moment. Stay tuned on that topic!

Since you seem to have quite an urgent need, I’d recommend you to have a look at our validated hardware page. Depending on your experience complexity and power requirements, Intel NUCs could be a good option.

2 Likes

Do you know if they would be willing to let me be a tester for the Rasp Pi? I would like to test it on personal Pi.
In the meantime, I will check out the NUC’s and other Hardware.

Thanks for the update,
Jeff