Intuiface File Management

Hey Intuiface Pros!

Any tips for noobies as to how you manage/organize your Intuiface project files? :smiley:

I come from an editing background, and currently, I have a dedicated “Intuiface” folder for each client. Inside each, there is a separate folder for each project made for that client. Inside that will be a folder where the actual Intuiface .ifx project file as well as any assets, resides. From time to time, I will right click on this folder and make a .zip folder of it and date it so that I have an encapsulated .zip folder of that current version. I’ll do this before I do major changes to a project (add/delete a scene, for example).

I like doing this so that I have a saved point in time that I can go back to in case I mess up a project during an edit. When I edit video, my non-linear editing system will usually save backups of previous versions of a project, so this is what I’m used to. But I would like to hear from any seasoned pros as to what they do to keep backups, or if they think this is irrelevant because of some hidden feature within Intuiface that I’ve yet to discover.

Thanks in advance!

Megan

Oh! Also! :thinking:

What is the best practice of making a duplicate of a project because your client needs the XP to be shown in both 16x9 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet formats? I duplicated my first project, renamed it and renamed the .json and .ifxp files the same way. It was working okay, but now when I put it into demo mode, it will get stuck and won’t show up, or will go into demo mode, but won’t exit when I hit Esc.

Thanks in advance!

Megan