Interface Asset for a network relay

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to control a network based relay device that I have with Intuiface.
The device is quite simple, say:

• Device ip address : 192.168.1.100
  • Device port: 8080
  • Control relay 1 : relay1=on or relay1=off
  • Control relay 2 : relay2=on or relay2=off

I’ve been searching for Network Interface Asset but it seemed there’s no such a thing?

Hi Coney,

I confirm we don’t have a specific Network Interface Asset but however, there are several features in Intuiface that may help you.

Can you give more details about the type/model of your device and the communication/protocol you have access to in order to communicate with it?

Feel free to give as much details as you can on the device and what you want to achieve and we’ll do our best to help you.

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks Alex! Basically what I do to control the device is to open a TCP socket to its default IP address on port number 8080.

The command to toggle relay #1 to on is to send the ASCII string: relay1=on\r\n
The \r\n is the carriage return character for the device to know the end of the command.

Same thing, to toggle relay #1 to off is to send the ASCII string: relay1=off\r\n.

What I wanted to achieve is to use a button from Intuiface to send the TCP command to the relay controller device.

Hi Coney,

After a quick search I found this third-party freeware: PacketSender (I haven’t tested it myself).
You can try the Command Line version and use it in conjunction with the Launch Application action from Intuiface.

Another way to communicate with your network device, if your seasoned with .NET, would be to create your own dedicated .NET Interface Asset.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi @coney,

I wanted to check if you have a try to the solution proposed by @Alex?
I did test the solution using the command line of Packet Sender, it’s really quick to setup and works as a charm. See snapshot below and the exact command line I used within the LaunchApplication action:

• Application: C:\Program Files\PacketSender\PacketSender.exe
  • Parameters: -ta 127.0.0.1 62130 “relay1=on”

Note I used my local maching and the PacketSender UI as a test receiver, explaining the 127.0.0.1 address and 62130 test port.

2 Likes