I have created a script to make exporting the longitude / latitude coordinates from Google Earth Pro a simple automated process.
- Create a new My Places group in Google Earth Pro.
- Use the Create Placemark Tool to plot Placemarks in Google Earth Pro.
- Name the Placemarks appropriately.
- Right click on your My Places group with the Placemarks and select “Save Place As…”
- Save as .KML file extension (Do not save as KMZ)
- Run the “parse_kml.exe”
- Select your recently created KML file.
- Wait 2-3 seconds. An XML file will appear in the same directory as the parse_kml.exe location.
- Import the new “googleearth_xml.xml” file into excel.
- Save Excel file.
Feel free to send any questions if you have them, if I have time I will help out.