Electric equipment control

Hello, im working in custom experience where need to turn on stage lights, mist and some other stage equipments.
somebody already works in something similar? the equipment is 110 or 220 v… i think is posible with some relay, but how i can control the relay from usb port or LAN triggers?

Hi @salvatorres and welcome back to Intuiface community, it’s been a while.

This is both a hardware & software question. Regarding the lights / stage equipment itself, we don’t really have any recommendation or experience in such products, but most of the times I’ve heard about such setups it would involve either the DMX or OSC protocol. You could probably use our UDP sender to send commands to such systems, see more info here: Send or receive messages over UDP - #14 by Seb (Player for Windows only).

If you want to control the power of such equipment through relays, I’d probably suggest looking at phidgets controllers. Intuiface does support certain Phidgets controllers out of the box, to which you can probably connect some of their relays.

More generally speaking, I would recommend this process

• Find out what hardware you want to use and how you can communicate with it
  • Use an existing Interface Asset available in Intuiface (ex: UDP Sender, Phidgets, …) or build your own if necessary.

Sone of our users like @mauricio at FanFactory may have recommendations on the hardware side, so don’t hesitate to share more details as you make progress with your project.

Seb