Drag Scale in Ordered Collections

Is there a way to control the scale of an object while it is being dragged out of an ordered collection? I know I can control the scale of the object after it is dropped however when it is dragged it scales to the full resolution of the display which is very distracting and takes away from the effect.

Hi Edward,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to resize an element while it’s dragged from a collection.

Can you tell us more about your specific usage please and scene set up, maybe there is a workaround possible?

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

I don’t want to resize an element while dragging. I want to prevent it from resizing. Currently as soon as you start dragging the element it blows up to 3-4 times its native resolution until you drop it. At that time it scales to the ratio that is in the settings.This makes it difficult for the user to drop the element on the correct target.

Heya Edward,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

There may be several solutions but it really depends on your layout and usage.
I made a quick sample I’m attaching to this answer. That’s one way to do it, feel free to dig in but I think it would be better for you to open a ticket on our Support Site so we can have the “big picture” :wink:

Support Team will probably ask you to share your XP with xp-for-support@intuiface.com so you may want to do that just after creating your ticket.

Community-DNDSize.zip (3.6 MB)

Regards,

Alex.