Display Experience in the Secondary Monitor

Hello,

I’d like to ask a basic question. In my development setup, I have a laptop computer connected to a larger 32" secondary monitor. I work on the Composer in this secondary monitor and would like to run the Experience here too. But once I hit the Play button, the Experience shows up on the laptop screen.

The Experience is for a single display at 1080p.

In the Windows Display settings -> Multiple displays, I’m using “Extended these displays” and switched Main Display between the laptop and secondary monitors, but the same result.

I appreciate any advice.

Yota

Hi,

Composer will run Play mode on the screen on which it was launched. For example, if you place Composer’s icon on your secondary screen and launch it, Play mode will run on your secondary screen even if Composer is moved to your laptop’s screen.

You can also press f11 during Play mode, to switch between screens. I hope this helps.

For more details, you can take a look at this Help Center article: https://support.intuiface.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007434431-Specify-primary-screen-used-by-Composer-s-Play-Mode-in-a-multi-screen-setup

Best regards,
Mihai

2 Likes

Thank you Mihai for your quick response. It’s a perfect solution and beyond.

Best,

Yota

I recommend checking the Guidelines and Best Practices course on Intuiface Academy, for instance, F11 usage (among with plenty other useful advice :tada: ) is explained in “Testing your work” lesson. :wink:

3 Likes