Circular group or pinboard

Ability to choose “square” or “circle” for groups and pinboards.

It could be a tickbox in the properties.

This may give ways to new ideas… :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the idea @m_rousseaux :smile:

Adding this poll so everybody can vote:

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

I know it’s an old post, but I just ran across a project that I could really use something like this for. It would be great if I could create a circular video by placing the video within a circular group.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this feature is not planned so far.

The only workaround I can think about, would be to use a transparent image with a “hole” and put the element (image/video) behind :confused:

I must admit that the day we will support complex vector shapes and masking, I’ll bring champagne at the office :wink: :champagne:

5 Likes

@programmers I can’t like this comment enough. Coming from a graphics/video editing background, there have been times where I was about to do something similar (having a circular group of some video) and then realized, “Oh! I was in a Photoshop/After Effects mindset, where I can create circular masks… not so in here. Gotta rethink this.” :thinking:

@Alex when you guys get this programmed, I’ll have to send you all a bottle or two! :wink: :champagne::confetti_ball: Thanks for the workaround, I never thought of that.

To complete @Alex’s comment, check this video from master Paolo @tosolini
He uses a scratch card to reveal a video playing under a PNG with multiple round holes (~50 secs in the video)

3 Likes

Hmm. Okay. I think this is just something I’m going to have to adjust my thinking around- it’s like learning a new language and finding out the new language may not have the ability to say certain words that you have in your native language… but they have completely new ones that your language has no equivalent for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, we already did that, the problem i’m running into is if you have a bunch of videos in a collection and different backgrounds depending on what video is being displayed, you have to do some hacky stuff to get the background with a hole to blend in when the collection is moving.