Chose hardware

Hi!

I have a customer that wants a heavy Experience and now I’m trying to fint the best computer for this.

I’m installing 3 screens with 4k resolution.

first of all cpu, Intel i9 or Amd ryzen?
is 16 GB of ram enough or should I add more?
GPU?
hdd, is a standard m2 ssd disk ok?

I am on a budget but it’s like 2000 USD.

Hi Daniel,

These system specs normally depend on what you are trying to achieve in Intuiface.

Could you tell us a little about what you are wanting to do?

But lets say the resolution is either 1152x2160 or 6480x3840 to run such experience I would go no lower than a I5 10500 and a GTX 1070 TI/2060. 16GB RAM. But this can all change due to the experience needs and what you are trying to achieve in Intuiface.

Kind Regards

Louie

1 Like

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the response. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I can’t tell much about the project due to a NDA but its going to be two 4k screens in portrait and one 4k screen in landscape.

It’s going to be controlled by a Nexmosphere AirGesture and we will be playing local video.

Best Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Do you want to run them on the same machine?

Does the content need to be spanned across the displays?

Kind Regards

Louie

Yes, it will be on the same machine.
I’m not the designer (just hw expert and installer) but it’s going to be some kind of span between all the displays.

Thanks for the help

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If the video is going to be full resolution across all displays. I would have some room for additional graphics cards. Again I would say an I5 10500 should be okay, and possibly an RTX 2060/2070 just to be on the safe side. The project will have to be at 8160x3840 and you will need to do some display configuration within the Nvidia control panel or Windows display settings to get it to work on one machine (Spanned Displays). That would be the only way to do it. Unless you have a scaler that spans one resolution across the displays but you have a landscape screen which will become the issue.

Kind Regards

Louie

1 Like

Hi!
Sorry for the late response.

The computer I chose have this spec:

CPU: 11th gen Intel core i9-11900 @ 2.5 GHz
RAM: 128 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Unfortunately, I do not really think that this computer is enough, if I could change the PC I would probably have put in one more graphics card.

but it is what it is and it will work okay. :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel… that looks like a good computer although the processor speed could be upped, but considering its a core i9 11th Gen… you should not have any problems…

From your description above, I am guessing touch is not required on the screens, so you can use the NVIDIA mosiac feature, that allows you to configure all your screens as one big screen.

From experience, i would advise to first setup your hardware and see what resolution you get, based off that you can then create the solution. Its always easier to modify the resolution of the solution than the hardware…

just my two cents …

1 Like