Best way to shuffle 10 questions in an Excel sheet for quiz game?

what is the easiest way to shuffle 10 questions or generate a random list of 10 numbers non repeated?

1 Like

I think you have answered your own question here but I think the best way would be to use a random list IA or a Random number generator and then change the question related to the number you assign in the excel document.

Kind Regards

1 Like

Hi @PQuest,

Indeed, using the Random from List is the simplest way to randomize N items, by creating in advance multiple combinations and picking randomly one of those.

If you need more than just 10 questions (like associated answers, score, …), then going through an Excel will be the best way. Here is a process I’ve used in the past:

• use a counter to iterate through all 10 rows of your Excel
  • at each iteration, use a Random Number Generator to generate a new number and save that value in a “Index” column in your Excel row. You can use a random between 1 and 99999 for example.
  • at the end of your iterations, sort the “Index” column by ascending order, this will “shuffle” your 10 rows based on these new 10 random numbers you have assigned to each row.

You can download a sample here: RandomizeMedia.zip (8.2 MB)

3 Likes