Auto Fullscreen Video When Tapped?

Hey all!

Trying to make a media gallery (using an Asset Flow) to display at tradeshows. Where people can walk up, tap on a video and it will auto fullscreen and play the video.

I’ve seen this done before, but I can’t quite figure it out. Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Hi @robr and welcome to Intuiface community!

I’d recommend you to read this article: https://support.intuiface.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028607892-Displaying-data-feeds-using-a-summary-list-with-detail-view
This should give you an idea of how to implement this for any number of videos you may have there :wink:

3 Likes

One way to do this is:

1. Add a Video Media Asset to the scene and size it to be FULL screen.
  2. Set the Visible property to hidden.
  3. Create a trigger with the following actions on the asset that is used to select the video and play it:
    a. Change the video on the Video asset to the desired video clip.
    b. Make the Video asset visible.
    c. Play the Video in the video asset.

You might also want to consider creating an ‘EXIT’ button that will display on top of the video and allow the user to exit the video at anytime.

I created an example experience for you here that demonstrates this approach.
https://my.intuiface.com/share/e40c7dd2-002b-445f-b1cd-ba6c903585fe

Good luck!

3 Likes

Seeing that excel sheet is actually super helpful.

Unfortunately even following the video I cannot get the pop-up video to work. Getting closer, though.

Figured out what I was doing wrong. Turns out I wasn’t selecting the asset to be visible instead of the entire layer, and it wasn’t popping up.

Cheers for everybody’s help! I really appreciate it! Now going to make menus and auto plays and such.

4 Likes

Frank,
How do you start playing your video in a smaller window, and then hit a button to maximize to full screen and keep the same video position? Instead of restarting from the beginning?

Thanks
Dave

Got it. I didn’t have the resized container moving to the front. Thanks!
Dave