Asset Anchor Points

It would create some different interactions and movements to have anchor points on the assets. For example, in photoshop or other design programs, there is a little circle with crosshairs on each images. It’s normally in the exact center of the asset.

When you rotate the image, it uses the anchor as the axis point. But when you move it, let’s say, to the corner of a picture, the image will rotate around that corner instead of the center of the image.

Maybe in the properties of all or certain assets, there’s a checkbox that will “show anchor” so you can move it. Wherever you move the anchor, the asset will rotate around that point when the rotate action is called.

• Good idea!
  • Not so much

0 voters

1 Like

Hey, I’m also dealing with this issue :sob:
I’m creating an experience using Tangible objects with menus associated to this asset.
I could bind the X and Y on the menus, and create a script to put it to the right place but when biding the rotation, I ant define the anchor. they are all rotating on themselves.
The solution was to create a huge group that can hold all visual assets inside of it. Something like this:

Let’s hope for some improvements soon :wink:

Also when you move the marker to a certain X coordinate on screen you could make the menus move to the other side of the marker using binding converters and a Global Variable with a conditional trigger :wink: then the content will never go of the active area of the screen.

I think what @AlexB was referring to is for example having an image and pinning the corner and spinning the image on the pinned axis as an “Anchor Point”. This would be good but lets wait and see what Intuiface release on the “VUC” Virtual User Conference in October. :sunglasses:

Regards,
Louie

1 Like

Also when you move the marker to a certain X coordinate on screen you could make the menus move to the other side of the marker using binding converters and a Global Variable with a conditional trigger :wink: then the content will never go of the active area of the screen.

Louie, this is an amazing tip :exploding_head:, thank you
Yes, for sure nice things are coming, let’s see what they will bring us.
:sunglasses: :fist_right: :fist_left: :sunglasses:

Best,
Ihnder

1 Like

If I remember well @Ihnder, the sample in this article contains 1 scene which illustrates @Promultis’s scenario (auto-rotation based on position of the object on the scene)

We used the same mechanism in our Intuiface Presentation marketplace sample, except you double tap to show the menu instead of using a TUIO input. That doesn’t change the mechanism to have content on left/right depending on menu location (or top/bottom, depending on your design)

2 Likes