API issues

Hi all

We are receiving an API from a client, I need to be able to get the PDF, but its in an “additinalFile” and not in the BaseURL, is there any way to combine these to so that I can show the PDF in the composer?

Hi @kasper

You could bind the two values to the “Text Concatenation” Interface Asset and then bind the output to the PDF file?

I have done this with two text files which can be your “BaseURL” and “File” You simply bind both values in the IA and then bind your PDF Document path to the output value.

Like shown here:

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Louie

2 Likes

Louie you are a genius, I think I owe you 2 :beers: now

1 Like

One day, we should build an XP to count who owes how many beers to whom… :beers: :wink:

2 Likes

Now I’m back again with another question regarding the “Text Concatenation” Is it possilbe to set a line shift (enter) in aftrer eg. a Zip code. I have used space in “Input B” and D but it if somebody has a longer adress it looks weird.

I’m getting the adress from an API and the API is devided up so it is 4 input

Hello @kasper,

A way to get a return into the Text Concatenation is to bind the input that you want to be a return to a Text Asset with a return in it. You will see the return in the binding on the input.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ryan

2 Likes

I will get right on it thanks.