Any tricks for getting Rich Text to look better in emails?

I’m sending out emails from an experience, and no matter how much I try to make them look like a regular email, they all come back without any differentiation in line returns, i.e. every sentence is the same distance from the next after a return. I’d like to put more spaces between the sentences and even more before the ending salutation in order for the received email to have some semblance of formatting.

I’ve tried formatting in an email and then copying and pasting it into a rich text asset that is bound to the body of an email, but then it gives me " " in between each line.

I’d appreciate any guidance or tips for making these emails look better. Thanks!

Hi @cullenb

If you want to add some formatting to your email body, I recommend you to go with an HTML body.

Create an HTML body and put it in a hidden text on the scene or in a Global Variable. Use some placeholders as {EMAIL} in the HTML to make it easy to replace afterward.

Cheers,

Alex.

1 Like

I was going the HTML body route, but with undesirable results. I’ve got to find a good WYSIWYG editor for email formatting that allows me to set up how I want the email to look once it’s received, and then copy and paste the HTML into the Rich Text Box in IntuiFace.

If it helps and you’re confortable with an online tool, usually I go with https://codepen.io/ for such quick tests/mockups.

1 Like

I haven’t been on Codepen in a few years. Thanks for jogging the memory there. I found an excellent template for email formatting, and was able to figure out that all I needed to do was an a line break here and there, and I got the look I wanted. Cheers!

I think I need to finally sit down and actually learn HTML. I’ve avoided it all these years with various WYSWYGs, but my brain is ready now.

1 Like

@cullenb when pasting your HTML code, use an HTML Frame instead of the Rich Text asset.
You’ll keep the HTML exactly as you paste it, while the Rich Text will probably modify it since it only handles a few HTML tags.
Start with the code you already wrote, you might already see better results than you had so far.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely use that from now on. I was able to get the look I wanted using the Rich Text Asset, but I’m always looking for ways to make everything look and function better than the last time I did it. One thing that I’ve got plenty of is room for improvement. :wink: :smile: