It's not a dream: IntuiFace Version 6 has shipped!

Hopefully, by now, you’ve already received and read the email announcing availability of IntuiFace Version 6.0. We’ve been hinting at and previewing this release for some time now so I think it comes as a relief to all that we’ve reached the finish line.

Seeing first hand how hard everyone at IntuiLab worked, I can honestly say I am privileged to be part of such a great team and amazed at their capacity for innovation and hard work.

Rather than summarizing the new features here when we’ve already shared that information in a bunch of other places, let me just point to some of the best resources:

• I recorded a 40 minute feature demo. You can find it here in the blog entry about our launch.
  • The landing page for Version 6 has links to the sections of that 40 minute video corresponding to each feature. It’s a convenient way to consume the video in the order that interests you.
  • Nothing is more comprehensive than the release notes - there’s stuff in there you won’t find anywhere else about the launch - so I highly encourage you to check it out.

One note: As pointed out in our awesome release notes, the autoupdate feature will not permit you to jump from the 32-bit version of Composer or Player for Windows to the 64-bit version. If you have Composer or Player for Windows Version 5.x on your PC and you want to install the 64-bit version, see this article for details. Basically, you’ll have to download the 64-bit installer yourself and then run it.

I know pride is a sin so all of us at IntuiLab are feeling like sinners at the moment. Upgrade and enjoy. IntuiFace Version 6 is live!

Thanks Geoff! I took a little time to play with this today using citizen science data from eBird. I tried iNaturalist too, but I am not enough of a whiz building API “statements” to get that going.

When updating the asset in the API editor in the free version of composer I noticed I had to drag and drop the asset into my scene each time I made an edit or it would not update. For example, if it was already present in the scene it would not update if say, I added the name of a bird in the editor.

Hi @becky,

When you update the Interface Asset using the API Explorer, Composer will not edit what’s in your scene to avoid breaking your design.
You can use the X Ray Panel to add new properties in your template.

I got a fever…and the only prescription…is 6.0! Nice work everyone, can’t wait to test it out.

That is quiet possibly the funniest thing I’ve seen on this community.

Thanks Seb! That’s great to know.