Capturing Video and Audio

It would be a nice feature to record video and audio from an attached device for a defined number of seconds through a trigger. This could then be shared to the video file queue for local or email usage.

3 Likes

This would be great…

Vote for this idea:

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

yes please!!

Simular…

I want to create an experience, A video messaging kiosk that works like this.

User approaches a kiosk,
Taps the screen,
A disclaimer message appears and they accept it.
They are presented with a live view of themselves from the attached PC web cam or DSL camera.
This live video fee is displayed in a nice sized window within the experience.
They tap the screen and the camera records them and their video message. (video and audio)
A count down timer for the 15 secs is also displayed on screen for time left of recording.
At the end of the recording, the video stops and a thank you message is displayed.
At the moment, the video is saved to a hot folder on the local PC and/or uploaded to the cloud to drop box or something like this if wifi is available, But always a copy is store locally.

We want to use if for lead tracking at trade shows, yes people can leave notes but a sales person pressed for time (or lazy) won’t so I want a lot of different ways of working. But if somebody could leave a note before a clients details were submitted to remind them of what they were talking about I think it could be a game changer. If I develop it I will be happy to post it in marketplace, its all about making exhibitions work better

1 Like

Hi @chris,

I worked on a proof of concept a while ago which I never had time to finish. It was based on this article and basically calling their tool through command line to start § stop the recording.
It wasn’t the cleanest way to do things, that’s why I never published this code.
Let me know if you find a better alternative or if you wish to have a look at this IA code.

Hi @Seb, I’d love to get access to this IA if it’s still usable. Have a project I could use this for coming up.

thanks
Brad

Hi Brad,

As I said above, I never had (took…) the time to finish it, and with our platform moving towards our Player Next Gen (HTML5 technology rather than .NET), I’d probably into some JavaScript based solutions such as the ones mentioned in this article: javascript - HTML5 record audio to file - Stack Overflow

Let me know if you’d like to discuss more about your upcoming project :wink:

Seb

Hi @Seb,

We’re hoping to do a video and audio recording at the same time — currently looking at using the ‘Launch Application’ trigger to launch OBS Studio. Do you know if this has been looked at before or possible?

Cheers,
Harry

Hi @harry.down1 ,

I’ve never tried to use the Command Line Interface of OBS Studio myself, but if you know how to use it, then you should be able to call these CLI commands through the Launch Application action indeed, on a Windows PC.

If/when you give it a try, please let us know how your tests go.

Seb