Highlights of soon-to-be-released IntuiFace version 6.0

Awesome! just updated. Now for some (really)stupid questions:

• if I’m using composer and I’m sharing files with someone else using composer on a different computer can I assume the Intuiface files are interchangeable between 32 and 64?
  • When I updated to 6.0, it automatically updated my software to 32 bit… as 64 bit now seems to be out of beta, wouldn’t it be nice to give users the option before updating?

Hi John!

To your first question: an IntuiFace project doesn’t know if Composer is 32-bit or 64-bit so yes, it’s interchangeable. There are some features from Version 5.x that were 32-bit and were dropped from Version 6 - like out-of-the-box RFID support, or the legacy Web Browser option or 32-bit dlls. But if you build it in Version 6, you can go back and forth between 32-bit and 64-bit.

I can’t speak about the complexity of giving people the option in the installer but I do know we erred on the side of caution and not let people try to install 64-bit apps on a 32-bit PC. We’ll continue to evolve the installer so it’ll get smarter and thus. long term, it should also be more flexible.

-Geoff