Displaying data feeds using a master list with detail view

Check this new article that explains step-by-step how to create a master / detail view with data feeds.
If you don’t want to read it, just check the 2 videos where I guide you through this mechanism :wink:

Step 1: single media file for each item

Step 2: multiple media files for each item

1 Like

Hi, I’ve used this method to set up my interactive video gallery. It was very helpful. I’m having one issue though that I can’t seem to resolve. When I click on a thumbnail in my asset gallery, I have the placeholder video pop up set to pull up a video by binding it to my excel sheet. The problem is that when I touch on any other asset beyond the first on, they all seem to link to video #1 in the sheet instead of their corresponding video listed in the excel. Any advice on how to get the correct video to play with the right thumbnail image? Thank you.

Hi @alisa.katz,

You may want to check your binding, it seems you’ve put a binding to the first element of the collection and not a binding to each element.

You may also want to download and dig in free sample Steel Frames Collection from our Marketplace as it uses the same mechanics.

Regards,

Alex.

2 Likes

Hi Alex,
The project I am working on is in another account. Here is a screen shot to show how I have my videos linked. I am sure there is a simple solution to get the next one to play instead of only play the first one for every thumbnail touched, but I am not sure how. Thank you!

Hi @alisa.katz,

I recommend you to open a ticket to our Support.
You will probably be requested to share your experience with account xp-for-support@intuiface.com.

You may want to do that ahead, and notify the Support Team about it when you create your ticket.

Kind regards,

Alex.