Displax Tangible Objects

Thank you for the info. I have tried it without opening DC and the object interfaces weren’t showing up in Player. This was after a reboot and only launching Player. I’m not sure why, but having DC open seems to make the difference here. It shouldn’t, I agree. It doesn’t make sense. But at this point it’s easy to do and I don’t think it’s negatively affecting anything.

Limited progress, but progress nonetheless. I’ve removed the Handle Groups from the TUIOTagIA so that they are fixed on the artboard and made them into 4 equal quadrants that divide the background 2-over-2. I’ve changed the Collections into vertical rows of buttons that will show and play videos on a 2nd screen when pressed (eventually).

I’d like to have it set up whereas if the angle is pointing to the upper left quadrant it shows the 1st collection, lower left shows 2nd collection, lower right shows the 3rd, and upper right the 4th.

Currently, 130° counterclockwise will show the 1st collection, the next 130° shows the 2nd, there’s some blank space for about 45°, then the 3rd and 4th show up simultaneously within a 10° angle, then blank for the remaining 45°.

I’ve also removed the Menu Orientation trigger that flips the Group Selector since the table will only be used from one side.

I’m not sure how to control the Angle binding for the Group Selector. If I could nail that down, then I think I’ll be able to handle it from there hopefully.

For this type of question I can help you with, but I would recommend a call session so I can guide you through what you need to do to be able to achieve this within your project.

Essentially you will need to create If statements for when the Tag angle changes or is greater or less than a value.

Louie

Sounds good to me. I really appreciate the offer. I can call you if you’d prefer, and keep an eye out for a PM.

Hi Cullen,

This is something that might be easier to discuss if I can have a look at your experience.
Can you open a ticket on our support platform and share your XP with xp-for-support@intuiface.com ?

Thanks

Seb

2 Likes

Absolutely. I will do that ASAP.

1 Like

Shared and ticketed! Thank you!

1 Like

I was originally attempting to have a different “quadrant specific” object-tethered column of buttons show up when the tangible object was inside of each quadrant, but thought that might be too advanced given my timeline. Maybe I’m right? Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll wait to hear back from you and your team. Thanks again!