Windows 10 Update

I would like to know how people are getting around the windows 10 auto update. I have set the update time between the hrs that the screen will be not seen. However to day was the launch and after running as a test for 2 days without a problem the computer was forcing and update on the opening day!!! After I told windows to run the update at 3am it still popped up every hr asking me to update and restart. I have the times not to do updates from 10am till 1am!!! Please help.

Just turn windows updates off via the services.msc

• Windows Key + R
  • Run dialog box will appear type “services.msc”
  • Scroll down the list until you see “Windows Updates”
  • Right click the service and then stop the service and disable it within the properties

Kind Regards

Louie.

Wouldn’t the service start backup after a reboot?

Hi,

It seems the service will not restart at reboot but windows will in certain situations start the service back up automatically!

I find this info at https://www.rizonesoft.com/disable-windows-10-updates-anniversary-update/
And apparently the only way to avoid download (and therefore avoid any update) is to declare your internet connection as “metered” (see in the previous article).

Other possible solution: how to disable automatic updates on windows 10 permanently | 100% WORKING - YouTube

If someone can confirm it?

Christophe

1 Like

If possible, upgrading to Windows 10 Professional would allow you to enforce stronger policies for windows updates. I believe you can even stop them completely until you decide to install them.

Otherwise, I’ve used @christophe 's advice and set metered connections for many displays.