Our Development team has worked overtime to improve the rendering quality and performance of our Web Browser asset - and you get to try it out.
We’ve put it into Composer Version 6.1 Beta and you can download either (or both) of the versions below:
You’ll be downloading a zip file; simply unzip it then run IntuiFaceComposer.exe. There is no installer. (Yes, you can run the beta side-by-side with Version 6.0 and 5.x.)
We want you to tell us if you run into any problems so try out your favorite websites. Push the envelope. Tell us if you love it or hit roadblocks. Here’s what you should see:
- Significantly improved rendering quality and performance of 3D, VR, animation and other resource intensive / high frame rate technologies
- Improved resolution, including better font quality
- Better scrolling performance
- Better support for multi-touch gestures (e.g. we’ve eliminated the need for the Web Browser asset’s Interaction mode property)
To share your impressions and findings, please list them below in a comment.
KEEP IN MIND:
- An experience, once used in Composer 6.1, cannot be opened in Composer 6.0. If you want to open one of your existing experiences in Composer 6.1, first do a ‘Save As’ in Composer 6.0 to ensure you have a reliable copy. The official release of Version 6.1 won’t appear until September so don’t use the beta for real work.
- Risk factors for bad performance (we’re working on them now)
- Old video cards
- Out of date video card drivers
- Use of virtual machines (like Parallels)
- 3D models using a physics engine (e.g. to handle collisions) currently don’t perform well. If you have examples, please share them with us.
- Don’t run Chrome - or other Chromium-based Web engines - when testing the beta. We’ve found that running Chromium standalone at the same time as it’s used in Composer can cause performance issues for both.
- These Web Browser asset improvements affect Composer and Player for Windows. Player on all other supported platforms are unaffected by this work.
- Standalone Player is not yet available for beta testing. But remember, Composer’s Play Mode is actually Player.
This is just one example of the fine work going into Version 6.1. You can expect other goodies, like a significantly improved 3D Model Asset and a brand new HTML Asset enabling you to easily embed your own Web content.
We hope you like it!