A list of useful and fun APIs

The list of API's is available here
5 Likes

Thanks Vicent!!

it is very useful if could create a repository with more examples would be great

2 Likes

We will do, at least every month!

Don’t hesitate to share your API examples too :slight_smile:

Article updated today with 3 more fun (and interesting) APIs, all of them explored using the API Explorer: The Rijks Museum, a card game and Facebook/twitter feed.

Enjoy!

Vincent

1 Like

Article updated today with 3 more APIs: YouTube video search, PurgoMalum to remove profanity form text and Zomato to search restaurants in your city. Each one comes with a link to the IntuiFace API Explorer, a short IntuiFace experience that use that API, an animated Gif showing how the experience looks like and a link to the API doc.

Enjoy!

Vincent

Very useful to have the Intuiface files that we can reverse engineer and learn from. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey everyone, as with anything, it’s always a good idea to get familiar with Terms of Service for data that you use just to be safe.

As far as I know, Google Places data technically can only be shown on a Google map. Since Intuilab uses MapBox, I’m not entirely sure if that’s allowed or not…(I don’t know a lot about how MapBox runs)

But here’s the Google Places API terms, where one of the first sentences is pretty clear about a Google Map being a necessity when showing map points: Richtlinien für die Places API  |  Google Developers

Great stuff though, excellent API’s on this page!

1 Like

In fact, the very next sentence on the page you referenced says “If your application displays Google Places API Web Service data on a page or view that does not also display a Google Map, you must show a “Powered by Google” logo with that data.” So it’s permitted to use MapBox - for example - but then an attribution is required.

Overall though, you’re absolutely right, one can’t ignore terms of service - and we missed this for Google Places. I’ll add a caveat above.

It’s worded a little funny isn’t it? It’s a definitive first statement, followed by “well, if you don’t…”

Thanks Alex for noticing this! I just updated the sample and modified the link above.

Seb

1 Like